Sunday, July 24, 2011

Bit of Whimsy Doll

My Bit of Whimsy pattern ordered off of Etsy.
A very good pattern with easy to follow instructions and excellent pictures.
After this profect, I definitely want to buy more of her patterns!

My "studio", aka the dining room table.

Fabrics chosen, getting ready to cut out all of the pieces.

Late on Sunday night, resisting the urge to start sewing the pattern now that it's cut out.

Getting started. Her legs are white because she is wearing tights.

My assistant.

giving her two cents

Arms stuffed and attached (if you look really closely you can see that I couldnt quite get one of the arms completley attached). Body done, waiting to be stuffed.
I chose to draw her face on because I am unpracticed at embroidery. 

Pretty much all done, just waiting for her skirt.

DONE!

What a mess! Now to clean up so we have a table again;
 or to start another project.....

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome Laura! Your daughter will have the cutest clothing/toys/accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love this! Sooo excited you have a blog! Can't wait to see you :)

    ReplyDelete